Please state if kit SSSA or SSSB required (determined if the threaded bar will interfere in using a threaded bar through the post).
SSSA – Fittings Kit Includes:
- x2 M8 SS domed nuts + M8 threaded bar to suit stirrup width + x4 no M10 80mm SS thru-bolts.
SSSB – Fittings Kit Includes:
- x2 no SS coach screws, M10 x 30mm or 50mm dependent on stirrup width + 4 x M10 80mm SS thru-bolts.
Our range of Stainless Steel post bases are designed to be resistant to extreme exposure to the elements. By keeping the timber post above the ground level out of the damp areas and allowing the post foot to dry out after rain it helps prevent decay and prolong the life of the post. 150mm high, bottom plate 150mm x150mm, Internal cup width 94mm x 94mm, cup depth 60mm, weight 1.7kg. 306kg SWL-SSB1C1
- Technical- IMPORTANT. Please note on all our range of stainless steel post bases the maximum safe height above the finished floor level for any of the post supports is 150 mm. The SSB1 bases may be bolted to the finished floor surface, all the other products in the range of post bases must be concreted into the ground. When used in exposed environments wind lift restraint can be achieved by using our stainless steel dome nuts and bolt, or the stainless steel coach screw. The post bases have a base plate with a central threaded post and nut welded to the base and a loose lock nut. The cups have a nut welded to the cup base plate and screw clockwise onto the post. The post cups are adjustable in height from 55mm above the base to the top of the threaded rod. Care should be taken to run a nut down the thread prior to cutting the post, this will help to remove the burr at the end of the rod on removing the nut. Our post bases have 150mm x 150mm x 6 mm base plates with a 25mm hole in the centre of the plate and four 12mm holes at each corner to take 10mm sleeve bolts. The central post is A2 M24 S/S threaded rod and is welded to the post base on the underside. A A2 M24 full hex nut is fitted to the base of the post and welded to the base plate on the top face. The threaded rod is welded to the underside of the base plate. All welds use 308 stainless wire. The finished products are dressed off with abrasive and buffing discs. The safe working load is calculated using a factor of safety of six. The SSB1 bases may be bolted to the finished floor surface
- Price excludes delivery. Product available for next day delivery.
- Optional fixing kit, please see fixings section